Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Celebration #2

Our daughter, son-in-law and their family were here this weekend!
We celebrated "Christmas" a little late.

Crazy little tree this year!
(My bird tree!) ;-)


After opening our gifts (except for the puppet theater), we had a little dinner and headed downtown for the "First Friday Art Walk." The organizers are so inventive! This is a chainsaw, ice artist from Minnesota, hard at work. He's using flat blocks of ice to create a city-scape.
We think we live in Christmas City!
(this is the town square)
The carousel
Puppet Theater
Presenting....


Making angel ornaments...
Everyone gets involved!
"You Must pay the rent,
I Can't pay the rent,
You Must pay the rent,
I Can't pay the rent,
... I'LL pay the rent!
My Hero!"
;-)
A great time was had by all!
There was a day of ice-fishing with grandpa and dad
(with a ride the sled on the pond pulled by a friend).

Grandpa and dad put together two bluebird houses
with the grandchildren while
Grandma and mom ran to the grocery store.

You never know what might happen around here!

:-)

4 comments:

Gail said...

Dear Grandmother of lovely children, Shady they are adorable! Gail

Shady Gardener said...

Thank you Gail. Of course I'm biased, so it's nice to receive your comment! :-)

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Looks like you all had a good time. I love the ice sculptures (and any excuse to use a chainsaw!)... which reminds me, I have to check the dates for a local ice sculpture display...

Shady Gardener said...

Garden Faerie, We had a great time! Thanks for visiting. The ice sculptures were really fun to watch being made. I'd like to hear what happens in Your area!